Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Dreamfire

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Kit Alloway
Paranormal Young Adult
Releases February 24th, 2015 from St. Martin's Griffin

From Amazon:

Unlike most 17-year-olds, Joshlyn Weaver has a sacred duty. She's the celebrated daughter of the dream walkers, a secret society whose members enter the Dream universe we all share and battle nightmares. If they fail, the emotional turmoil in the Dream could boil over and release nightmares into the World.

Despite Josh's reputation as a dream walking prodigy, she's haunted by her mistakes. A lapse in judgment and the death of someone she loved have shaken her confidence. Now she's been assigned an apprentice, a boy whose steady gaze sees right through her, and she's almost as afraid of getting close to him as she is of getting him killed.

But when strangers with impossible powers begin appearing in the Dream, it isn't just Will that Josh has to protect–it's the whole World.

I've only read one other series that deals with dream walking (I think. I've read a lot of books so it's possible I've read more than one about this particular ability and just don't remember. Awesome.) and I absolutely loved both books so I'm hoping I'll have the same luck with Dreamfire. Maybe dream walkers are going to prove themselves to be young adult fail-safes for me. I have high hopes.

I just really like the sound of this one, I'm a sucker for characters who are emotionally or physically damaged in some way, and Josh, with weight of loved one's death on her shoulders, fits that bill pretty perfectly. Plus, romance. I'm easy to please, what can I say ;-)

33 comments:

  1. YES! I want this too, Jenny. I haven't read anything about Dream Walking before, but this sounds very cool. And yes, romance is enough to please me too! ;)
    Lovely pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Mindee Arnett's Nightmare series and I LOVED those books, so I'm really looking forward to this one:)

      Delete
  2. Where on earth do you find these gorgeous books? I think dream walking is relatively new and unexplored, which also means it's potentially awesome, and like you, I love a damaged character more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scouring Edelweiss last night and this one caught my eye. And yes to damaged characters! They suck me in every time:)

      Delete
  3. It's a nice cover, I didn't know about this one I confess. But it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that cover! Wow! I've only ever read one series about dream walking that worked for me and I hope this one would be just as good. Thanks for sharing, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? Love the colors and the simplicity:) I'm ready for it to be February!

      Delete
  5. OOh pretty cover indeed! This is new to me! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do too Jessica! Really excited about it:)

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard about this one before and it sounds intriguing! I will be waiting for your review of this one before adding it to the list.
    Now, you also got me wondering if I had read any dream walking series and sort of think yes but I can't remember! Dammit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to remember Pili! We read so many books:) I don't think I've read anything other than the Nightmare Affair series, but I'm not positive:)

      Delete
  7. That cover looks mighty gorgeous. I don't think I've ever really read something with Dream Walkers before, so that's going to be a new one for me when I get to this one :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first I am seeing of this but I agree, it does sound like a good one! Off to mark it on Goodreads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh yes, Jenny! Dreamwalkers is one of my favorites as well, and one you don't see too many YA reads yet (I think) lol! Wonderful pick, and that cover is too gorgeous as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I couldn't think of any other series besides one that feature dream walking, so I'm super excited to get my hands on this one:)

      Delete
  10. What a pretty cover! You always find interesting ones. Not to mention that blurb!! Dreamwalkers? That's so amazing and I need that in my life. I'll have to get this one. As always you're bad for my wallet (I know I'm for yours so :D) Great pick, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, ME TOO! *stares at calendar waiting for February*

      And yes, you and Glass are not great for the wallet but I love you for it ;-)

      Delete
  11. Awesome post! I can't wait to read this book. Please come check out my "Waiting on Wednesday" on my blog: http://charlottevhbooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-jackaby-by-william.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds good and I hadn't heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad I could bring it to your attention!

      Delete
  13. Very pretty cover and I like the dreamweaver premise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES MARY! I'm a fan of everything about this one:)

      Delete
  14. I've only read one series with dream walking, too . The Wake series by Lisa McMann. I loved the first book but the next two were disappointing. Anyhow, this sounds really good, Jenny! I hadn't heard of this one so I'll have to add to my TBR for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds awesome! I hope dream walkers continue to impress too. Also I wouldn't mind having that cover on my shelf! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, well this one is a new one for me so thank YOU for bringing it to my attention Jenny! I find dream walking fascinating and I'm always up for reading more :D This one sounds wonderful, I hope you get your hands on it soon ^^

    ReplyDelete